Sunday 5 April 2015

Ciate Very Colourfoil Manicure

Having the time to sit down and give myself a funky colourful manicure is a great way to relax on a lazy afternoon. That and a mug of tea and caramel digestives infront of an episode of Criminal Minds.

I bought the Ciate Very Colourfoil Manicure set from TK Maxx more than a year ago and realised I had only used it once. Probably because it does take a bit of patience, it isn't a method you can do in a quick spare moment.

I settled down with some snacks and cracked on to create this pink, blue and silver manicure.


I started off by painting my nails with two coats of Cheers To You from China Glaze. This is a silver metallic varnish from CG's 2010 Christmas collection. To get a successful foil manicure you have to wait until your base polish is totally dry.

Then paint a thin layer of glue which came in the Ciate kit and wait for it to go clear and tacky. Using the foil, colour side facing upwards, I dabbed the foil on the nail to transfer the foil. 


I continued doing this method with several colourful foils until I had evenly covered the entire nail. Because I painted my nails with a base colour it didn't matter that the foil didn't always transfer, I think it just adds to the look. 



After the clean up process I sealed in the design by using a generous coat of Seche Vite. The beauty of foils is that no two manicures are the same, even if you use the same coloured foils, the placement will always be different. 

Removal is easy as well, just normal nail polish remover does the trick. 

I picked up my nail foil kit for £9.99 in TK Maxx as it was reduced from £18.

Have you ever used nail foils before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......