Sunday 28 July 2013

Colour Changing Gel Polish - Shellac

I have indulged in a CND Shellac manicure a couple of times now - even for my wedding I had a gorgeous shimmering teal colour.

The polish lasted more than two weeks each time I had it done at a salon - fantastic. The price tag however was not so fantastic. Around £20 a time, which, some might say is reasonable, but not something I could get on a regular basis. 

I decided to get a kit from amazon and do my own shellac manicures. 

Here is my first attempt and my chosen polish is a colour changing one:



I decided to try the Bluesky shellac polish, rather than its more expensive sister brand, CND. Bluesky is around £6 a bottle, whereas CND is £15. 

I found the wear on my first attempt was around a week, which for me, is better than normal nail polish.

I found it helped my nail health, they grew stronger, I guess the gel gave the nail a more protective layer.

Have you tried a DIY shellac?

5 comments:

  1. Hey. Just followed. Would love if you could follow back
    thepowderednose.blogspot.com
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried gel polish yet, but I really want to! This looks really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks cool.
    I haven't tried gel polish, and I'm not sure I will either. I love changing my polish often :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried a shellac nail polish just yet! I'm looking forward to buying one very soon now and experimenting!
    Lovely post

    Tolu from FashinateMe x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I am sucker for nails! Love the colour, what is it? I have used Gel, but my light broke so now just use the gel as a top coat every now and again coz its so shiny! ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......