Tuesday 6 January 2015

Tea On The Green: Doorstop sandwiches and mega cakes

Sometimes a light bite and copious amounts of tea are just what the doctor ordered. Recently I have been battling a nasty chest infection, I am on antibiotics and am slowly starting to feel better. 

On Sunday I went out for a quick brunch with my husband. We went to Tea On The Green in Westward Ho! North Devon.

First of all, can we just take a moment to appreciate these beautiful cakes.


Each weekend the family-run cafe posts its weekend cake reveal which is a taster of what to expect for the coming week.

See that white, milk and dark chocolate sponge on the bottom right of the picture? That was their New Year cake. I bought a slice to take home, my husband went for a Banoffi Pie.

I had a prawn doorstop sandwich while hubby went for a two-slice cheese melt. Bliss. We also had a pot of tea for two. 



Where are your fav places to go for a quick bite?

2 comments:

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......