Monday 22 December 2014

Pregnancy winter wedding outfit

I am 22 weeks pregnant and last week I was a guest at one of my oldest and best friend's wedding. It was a church wedding and I also had the honor of reading a poem at the church which the bride's mum wrote.

I have lots of gorgeous dresses. However, they aren't maternity dresses and I soon found my expanding stomach wasn't going to fit in my usual special occasion attire. 

Luckily, my mum had a lovely dress I could wear for the wedding which was both comfortable and suitable for a winter wedding.



This dress is a 3/4 sleeve stretchy cotton dress from Matalan, I believe it costs around £20. 
I teamed it with opaque black tights - essential for a winter wedding in a church! My shoes are black patent court shoes with a strap, these were from M&S, my long necklace, which has silver snowflakes on it, was from Dorothy Perkins' sale. 

The wedding was amazing, I read a poem in the church which was written by the brides' mum. The wedding breakfast and reception was amazing with lovely food. 
This was the first winter wedding I had been to, it was lovely and the bride and groom were lucky with such fabulous winter weather, crisp, bright and chilly. 

Have you been to any winter weddings this year?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the follow on Twitter, dear! I like finding fellow bloggers.

    Congrats for being in the 22nd week - these are great news! The dress your mum has given you, looks really pretty and very elegant. The pattern is very chic too.

    Shall we follow each other on Bloglovin as well? :)

    Lu | www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're practically glowing! So beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......