Monday 10 November 2014

Pure Lochside skin care

During those winter months I find my skin becomes quite tight and dry, usually it is combination edging on oily. While I stick with my trusty Estee Lauder foaming face wash, I like to try out new cleansing oils and serums.

Recently I have been using Organic Orange Cleansing Oil and Regenerate Pure Face Serum from Pure Lochside. 


At the paper I work for we have a dedicated health, beauty and lifestyle feature called You're Gorgeous. Every once in a while we are sent products to try and review. This set from Pure Lochside was one of the products I was sent to try.

The first thing I noticed about the set was the packaging, the muslin cloth and box was tied up with a tartan patterned ribbon which was a lovely touch. The products themselves came in glass bottles, which I think gives an added touch of luxury. However, glass bottles might not be so practical for traveling.

The cleansing oil was fantastic at taking up a full face of makeup, including waterproof mascara. You splash water all over your face and massage in a few drops of the oil to take off makeup. Then use the muslin cloth to wipe off any excess. 

I found this left my skin soft and smooth, but be careful not to go over the top with the oil otherwise it can make your face feel a oily.

Then I have been using my usual foaming face wash from Estee Lauder for a double cleanse.


Then just before bed I have been using the Pure Face Serum. I have been using serums at night for years now, I don't often stray away from Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair. Pure Lochside's serum is non sticky and non greasy. However, a little goes a long way, so a couple of drops from the pipette was more than enough to cover my face and neck. 

According to Pure Lochside's website this serum is an award winning product which contains Organic Argan Oil, frankincense, omega 3,6,7, and 9. You are meant to use the serum as a base underneath your normal moisturiser, however I find the serum alone is enough for my skin.

The company also create bath and body products as well as facial skin care. 

Pure Lochside was created by Fiona Tutte who is an aromatherapist. I always love it when companies and products are set up by people who have years in the industry, they know their stuff. 

Have you tried anything from Pure Lochside? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......