Friday 7 November 2014

PREZZO: Crab cakes, mushrooms and gorgonzola chicken

I have always been a big fan of going out for meals. I would much rather go out to a nice pub or restaurant for supper than on a night out drinking. Now I am pregnant I am avoiding alcohol all together, I know the doctors say you can have alcohol is small amounts, but I am not drinking at all during my pregnancy, that's just my personal choice. 

I went to Prezzo recently with my husband for lunch. I love Prezzo, it is a chain restaurant which does pasta, pizza and grill dishes. I never pay full price in Prezzo, I will always get a voucher for money off the meal.


Usually we both have the mozzarella in carrozza to start with. This is a wedge of deep fried mozzarella cheese in breadcrumbs served with pomodoro sauce. Unfortunately on this visit they had run out, which I thought was a bit odd seeing as we went for lunch at 1pm.

Anyway in the end I ended by choosing the baked mushrooms to start with while Luke had the crab cakes which came with garlic mayo.

My baked mushrooms were stuffed with grana pandano and mozzarella cheese, garlic, onions and breadcrumbs. This was served with a little side salad and garlic mayo. It was delicious and just the right amount for a starter. 

I had a try of Luke's crab cakes which were delicious, the crab meat was chunky. I hate it when places do crab cakes which are smooth, almost like a paste, yuck. These were lovely and just the right size for a starter. 


For main Luke had penne al pollo zafferano which is penne pasta with chicken, red chilli, baby spinach and garlic with a saffron sauce. The saffron is what gives the pasta that rich red creamy colour. Luke always covers his pasta in grated cheese.

I had grilled chicken with gorgonzola which had field mushrooms and leeks in a rich creamy white sauce. You also get a choice of sides, I always go for skinny house fries.

The chicken was butterflied which I really like and the sauce was perfect, not too heavy. I much prefer creamy sauces to tomato based ones. 

By that point we were both so full so couldn't manage pudding although I was eyeing up the chocolate fudge cake. 

Do you have a Prezzo where you live? If so, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......