Thursday 14 March 2013

Dior - Velvet Peony Extract Foaming Cleanser

For the last few years I have been using Estee Lauder's gentle foaming facial cleanser. The smallest amount goes a long way so the tube lasts a long time.

Recently my mum bought Dior's velvet peony extract foaming cleanser, so I thought I would give it a try. 




This is what Dior say: "This pearlescent gel turns, upon contact with water, into generous foam that enfolds makeup and impurities before they are pleasantly rinsed off. Working at the core of the formula, moisturizing agents ensure the comfort of dry skin. 

"For greater comfort, a neutralizing agent traps all traces of hard water deposits to restore the skin's sweet pleasure in water. Soothed  by velvety peony and gently high-performance textures, the skin is perfectly revealed: it remains clear, supple and velvety smooth."

The gel smells light and fresh, but it didn't foam up as much as I would like. It rinses off well and didn't leave a film on my skin like some gel face washes tend to do.

It left my skin feeling smooth and after using eye makeup remover, this face wash took off the day's makeup.

This face wash costs around £28 which is pricey, my usual Estee Launder foaming face wash is £21.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds nice but foaming face products are terrible for the skin as it strips out the natural oil. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like foam too, but I guess it's okay without it as long as the gel still does the job :)

    ReplyDelete

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......