Sunday 22 February 2015

Valentine's Day meal: The Bar: Instow: North Devon

My husband was working during the evening on Valentine's Day, we spent the day together and the I spent the evening with one of my friends. 

We went for a meal and cinema date. We had a set three-course supper at a place called The Bar which is in Instow, North Devon.


For a starter, main and pudding it cost each of us around £20, bargain considering we both went for a steak. 

To start with I had the winter vegetable soup which was creamy and warming. My friend had the trio of brie wedges which I was jealous of but because I am pregnant I can't eat this particular type of cheese.  

For mains we both had steak which came with these huge onion rings, chips, tomato, peas and a flat mushroom. Delicious and filling.

For pudding we both plumped for the creme brulee with passion fruit and brandy snap basket. 

Needless to say we were both full to bursting following our supper but I still found space for  a bag of chocolate in the cinema. 

The Bar in Instow is a brilliant place to eat if you are ever visiting the area, I know North Devon is a popular spot for families holidaying during the summer break from school. The bar area downstairs is warm and friendly while the upstairs restaurant area is spacious with a fantastic view of the beach and estuary which joins on to the sea. 

I think I sometimes take living by the beach for granted, I must go more often, walking along the sand is a great way to clear your head and the smell of sea air is invigorating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......