Monday 12 January 2015

Cook Island Free House: Pub Grub: Lasagna, chips and warm waffles

I love going out to eat, in fact, it is bit of a problem, I need to ease up on my habit! Going out for some warming pub grub after work on a dark and blustery night then heading home to curl up on the sofa is my idea of heaven. 

Recently I went to a place in North Devon called Cook Island which is a family friendly pub near Ilfracombe. 


I went with a friend and we had hunter chicken, lasagna and of course pudding! I had warm waffles with chocolate and caramel sauce and icecream, my friend had sticky toffee pudding and custard.

Despite eating there during the Christmas holidays and the pub being packed with large families our food came out promptly.

The food itself was comforting and filling, I mean, you can't really go wrong with a cheesy lasagna, chips and salad. 

Price wise I couldn't grumble, main courses were around the £14 mark while the puddings were around the £6 mark. 

Which do you prefer? A boozy Saturday night out, or a chilled out put supper?

2 comments:

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......