Monday 1 December 2014

Lipstick favourites and storage

I am not a huge lipstick hoarder. I have a handful of products I use on a regular basis, but I am by no means a huge lipstick junkie.

When I was in Truro I popped in to TKMaxx and came across an acrylic makeup storage container. This container costs £7.99 and can hold 12 lipsticks, it also has other compartments which can hold other makeup items. 



Starting from the back row, from left to right: Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker in Candy Floss, L'Oral Paris Glam Shine Reflexion in Glam Shine, Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry, Barry M Super Shiny Lip Gloss (Buzz) 

Middle Row, from left to right: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Gentlemen Prefer Pink, Maybelline New York, ColorSensational in Hot Plum, Estee Lauder Pure Colour Long Lasting Lipstick in Pink Parfait, Barry M colour changing lipstick (this turns pink once applied to your lips!)

Front Row, from left to right: Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake, MAC Matt Lipstick in Candy Yum Yum, Estee Lauder Crystal Lipstick in Tiramisu Shimmer, Estee Lauder Candy Shimmer Lipstick.



This is a swatch of my favourites:



From left to right: 
Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake, MAC Matt Lipstick in Candy Yum Yum, Estee Lauder Candy Shimmer Lipstick, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Gentlemen Prefer Pink, Maybelline New York, ColorSensational in Hot Plum and Estee Lauder Pure Colour Long Lasting Lipstick in Pink Parfait.

These are the lipsticks I tend to reach for the most often.

I also have a few lip stains which can be a great alternative to lipsticks as you don't feel like you have anything on your lips. With a lip stain you can pop it on in the morning and forget about it. Lip stains tend to last throughout the day, I find lipsticks need touch ups quite often.

I can't be the only person who isn't a huge collector of lipsticks?


3 comments:

  1. I love this cute little storage centre, great post!
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try these. Hope you have a good christmas

    www.blogsbygabrielle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......