Saturday 19 April 2014

L'oreal 15 Second Miracle Cleansing Oil

Taking makeup off at the end of a long and stressful day feels wonderful. When all you want to do is tumble into a warm and cosy bed the last thing you feel like doing is spending ages taking off eye makeup.

I have tried a few eye makeup removers, from creams to liquids to wipes and cleansing waters. I would have to say my least favourite method were the wipes, infact I only tried them a few times before switching back to my trusty Oil of Olay cream.

I saw a lot of reviews on L'oreal's 15 Second Miracle Cleansing Oil, so when I saw it on offer in Boots I had to give it a whirl. I believe it retails for around £7.99 full price.




The product is dispensed by a pump and two - three pumps is sufficient to take off all my eye makeup including waterproof mascara. I wouldn't quite say it takes 15 seconds to remove my eye makeup, but it still takes less time than using a cream or a wipe.

After using the oil on my eyes I splash water all over my face and continue with my normal skin care routine, which includes a foaming cream cleanser - at the moment I am using a brilliant one from Benefit. 

I do find the oil does make up eyes feel a tad, well, oily! Even after  washing with a cleanser, so I find using some optrex eyedrops afterwards, just a couple of drops before bed sorts me out. I find using brightening eye drops a great way to refresh dry and tired eyes after a long day at work anyway.

What do you think? Have you tried this product before? If so, what did you think?

5 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing this as I was using Baby Oil but I wasn't sure about it, I might give it a shot now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum has used baby oil to remove her makeup for years and swears by it :-) but yes, I recommend this one, perhaps grab it when it is in the sales/offers x

      Delete
  2. I nearly bought this the other day but my mum put me off by telling me if left her skin feeling quite oily too. I already have quite oily skin so I'm not sure this one would be good for me really x

    ReplyDelete

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......