Wednesday 14 December 2011

A Snow White Blue Iguana in the Celtic Sun

Bringing out the good old dotting tool as I haven't used it in a while, this is what I came out with, a vibrant spotty manicure, a little different to the Christmas festive manicures around at the moment, but I just craved something bold.


Here I used two coats of China Glaze Blue Iguana which is a gorgeous vibrant shimmery blue with subtle purple laced throughout from their Island Escape collection which was released earlier this year. This is two coats on its own, the nail line is still visible but since I was adding dots I didn't apply a third.



Then using Snow White by Models Own I used a medium sized dotting tool to create the dots waited for these to dry, then I applied China Glaze Celtic Sun over the white. Either this makes the yellow even more vibrant, or this makes the dots look like mini fried eggs. Celtic Sun is an eye squintingly vibrant high lighter yellow, it is very sheer, so if I were to wear this on its own I would definitely need a white base. 






I applied China Glaze fast forward top coat to finish. I like the way this one came out, like I said I just really wanted something a little different and something a bit brighter. I promise I will have festive manicures packed with glitter too! 

5 comments:

  1. This is definitely a nice change from all the red and green out there. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue Iguana is beautiful, and I love the way the yellow adds to the mani! And the thought of them as mini fried eggs made me go LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. good idea, this is great combo and it looks awesome :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can see what that actually means here:

    http://outsidebeautyinsidehealth.blogspot.com/2011/12/versatile-blogger-award.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone and thank you Cat0805, very kind :-)

    ReplyDelete

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......