Sunday 2 October 2011

A glittery holographic mess!

I was going through my nail polish collection and I thought I really need to try out some polishes I have had for a while but either never wear, or haven't even tried. This is is mind this is what I came up with:


Base is two coats of a Frontcover polish which I have never used, but it is gorgeous, a shimmery red-ish pink. In the pictures it does sway more towards red and it looks more metallic here too.




The polish itself applies smoothly and dries quickly, the pain with it though is the brush, it is so small! It makes it easier to control but at the same time it makes it harder to see what you are doing. The cap is all brush and no arm.


After waiting for this to dry I applied a quick layer of Gosh Holographic from about a 1/4 of the way down to the tip of the nail. Then I applied a layer of China Glaze Fairy Dust to the whole nail. Next I applied a few dots in China Glaze Jolly Holly using a dotting tool to the area where the red base meets the holographic overlay. 





A little bit messy but actually I quite like the way this looks with the glitter and holographic together. I am not holding out much hope for this manicure lasting more than a day because of the Gosh Holographic, I know it will start to chip soon. 

5 comments:

  1. Very festive! I had the same thoughts about the Front Cover brush - so difficult to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love holo glitter! Very pretty..and that brush is too small!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your mani, everything with holo polish always work for me ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Holo, where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a great christmassy design :D

    ReplyDelete

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......