Monday 7 February 2011

Last Friday Night

Shopping in a Sally's near my work (dangerous I tell you! I never get bored and could wander around for ages) I discovered a small rack of the OPI Katy Perry collection. I was immediately drawn towards a gorgeous blue polish packed with glitter. This particular polish is called Last Friday Night (£9.95)




Looking at the bottle I thought this was absolutely divine, the glittery bits glisten in the light and I was really looking forward to trying this out. (Please excuse my short nails, a couple broke and I had to file them all down)





Hmmmm I am not so sure about this polish once I had applied it, all these pictures were taken with three coats. For me, I found it was a bit too clear and too light, I hardly got any taste of the gorgeous blue it looks like it promises from the bottle. I do like the big thick brush though, it covered the whole nail easily which I found made it much easier to apply, it also dried really fast.


I would have preferred to have the blue more vibrant, when painted on my nails the colour just looks like it gives off a hint of blue. This is the only polish I bought from this collection, so I don't know what the pink version (Tennage Dream) would be like, perhaps similar in as much as in the bottle the colour looks brighter than when applied?


Has anyone tried any of the polishes in this collection? what did you think? I think I might try this over the top of another polish in the future as I am not that sure about it on its own.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my new blog! I really appreciate it! :) I am now following you and have added your blog to my blog roll!

    Teenage dream is a lot like this polish, I think. It's best as a layering polish. I have yet to try this one, but need to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie,

    Aw thanks ok, I came across it and saw your pictures and posts and I enjoyed them so would love to see more. Thank you for following back and for the blog roll:-)

    Yes, I think this polish might be a grower and you are right about the layering :-) I think I need to try more combos. I hope you are well? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always check www.alllaqueredup.com I think that's spelt ok? If not google! But she always has collection posts so you can check what they look like before splurging. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the look of teenage dream... although I haven't tried any of them yet! lovely review! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bicky - oooh yes that is a good idea, thanks for the tip, yes it is a lot of money to spend on something when you are not so sure afterwards :-)

    Rachel - Thanks, if you do try any of them please let me know your thoughts x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried any from this collection yet. This one looks similar to a Sinful Colors glitter that's very sheer; that one looks great layered over black or blue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there... have you checked my OPI Katy Perry section on my blog? hoping to get "real life" swatches up soon.
    In my opinion, Teenage Dream is a LOT better... it looks the same as Last Friday Night in the bottle, but when you put it on, it's really just so much better. 3 coats gives you a beautiful pale pink sparkly mani, not sheer and with a lot more coverage than LFN.

    hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......