Wednesday 15 April 2015

Newspaper print nail art

Nail art doesn't need to cost a fortune or have lots of complicated steps. I created this newspaper print nail art with only a handful of products and the process itself was quite fast.



I painted my nails with two coats of Snow which is a Barry M polish and part of the Gelly Hi-Shine collection. Once the polish dried I dipped each finger in rubbing alcohol and pressed small sections of a newspaper onto the nail. After pressing the paper on the nail for around 20 seconds the print is transferred. 

To finish off I applied one coat of Seche Vite fast drying top coat. 

I think this method will be trial and error, on some nails the print transferred well, on others the print was quite feint. However, the process was fun and it was nice to do something a little different.


Have you tried newspaper print nails before?

2 comments:

  1. It's really pretty. I'm the messiest person ever at doing nails. Do you not mess them all up when doing the transfer step?
    Gill xx EyelinerFlicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. Nope, the newspaper print doesn't smudge once transferred to the nail. I would always use a good top coat though to seal in the design x

      Delete

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......