Wednesday 29 April 2015

Drops of Youth: Bouncy Sleeping Mask: The Body Shop

I am a sucker for hyped up products. Whether a blogger is chatting away wide-eyed and bushy tailed about the latest hair care must have or the newest clothing trends I tend to perk up and listen. The power of the blogger eh?

I had seen several people talking about one of the newest releases from The Body Shop which I just had to try. 


The Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask from The Body Shop costs £22.

I bought this mask up a few days ago after having seen rave reviews on YouTube and reading blogs. I was sucked in. Easily influenced, I know. 

First of all, let's take a look at the packaging of this facial product. The green glass jar oozes charm like its high end cousins. Many face products from The Body Shop come in plastic tubs which don't scream sophistication. However, there is something luxurious about a glass container.

The mask itself comes with a plastic spatula to scoop some of the product out. A touch which adds a little something extra. Some people hate dipping their fingers into jars for products for hygiene reasons. Personally, I don't mind using my fingers because I always wash my hands prior to delving into my beauty products. 


The mask has the most strange texture. It is bouncy, like memory foam, it bounces back into its original form. Even after a few uses it still looks brand new with a smooth surface and no finger indentations. 

As it is a mask you apply it before bed and leave it on over night. It goes on clear so you won't freak your bed time buddy out with your beauty regime. I have read some reviews where people said they didn't get on well with the product because it left their skin sticky. However, I find if you use the mask sparingly you won't be left with that sticky feeling. The mask feels like a mixture of a gel, cream and liquid all in one. 

Even after the first use I woke up the next morning and my skin was softer and I found my foundation applied more evenly which made a huge difference to my complexion. Despite its £22 price tag the tub will last a long time because you only need a tiny amount.


There are several other products in the Drops of Youth line including eye concentrate, Wonderblur and foaming face wash. 



3 comments:

  1. great review! just found your blog love it subbed on bloglovin! xo

    http://www.lozzieknows.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. satta kingMake sure the prescription drugs you are taking are not dangerous to the health of your baby.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Don't sit still when anxiety is coming on. When you sit and brood about issues, your anxiety can spike quickly and leave you unable to function. At the onset of any anxious feelings, get up and get moving. Walk, run or exercise in some way. You will take your mind off the negative issues and allow your mind to reset. play bazaar

    ReplyDelete

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......