Tuesday 28 February 2012

Right Down The Middle

Starting off with two coats of Electric Purple by Accessorize and waiting for it to dry before applying scotch tape at a diagonal. Then using Models Own in Lemon Meringue on the tips (two coats) and waited for this to dry a bit before peeling the tape off.


Then dotting along the line where the purple and yellow meet with Andrea Fulerton's Dot and Flick tool. I was a bit too speedy and didn't allow enough time for the black dots to dry and I smudged them when applying a top coat. I hope this isn't too obvious.






I love the how the purple and yellow look together, what do you think? 

22 comments:

  1. I love it, a very interesting and pretty combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun little mani :) i'd do it with a lime green because that's what color i thought it was in the first photo and like that shade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh lime green would look good too, will have to try that one out! x

      Delete
  3. Love this! Minnesota Vikings colors, and we are Vikings fans in this house. Woohoo! I might have to copy this look when we go to a game later this year.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hei! I just found your blog and it is amazing!

    I am following your blog and I hope you will follow mine too!

    xoxo,
    Ana V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Deb up there, I also thought of the MN Vikings (football team) at first. I couldn't care less about football, so the second thing I thought was, how cute! I bet this would be so cute for Easter with a more pastel purple or a light pink. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nic, yes pink would look good too, will have a dabble around with more colours :-)

      Delete
  7. Those two colours go really well together, it looks cool. I wouldn't have noticed the smudging if you hadn't mentioned it. :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw good, glad it isn't too obvious :-) thank you hun x

      Delete
  8. Purple and yellow are opposites on the colour chart so they always go well together! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color combination and the dots are a great way to spice up the basic scotch tape mani, I'll have to keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......