Saturday 7 May 2011

GHD Gold Series

Hope everyone is having a good weekend? Today I had a bit of a pamper day, I got my hair done (cut and coloured) in my fav hair dressers in town (The Oak Room). I got all over dark brown with blonde and black high/low lights underneath. I will do another post on that though. As it is my birthday soon my mum treated me to getting my hair done and dad bought me some new straighteners. 

I have been a massive fan of ghd's for years, I got my first pair about 7 or 8 years ago and have lasted me through to now. Dad has bought me the new classic styler from the gold series which I am really excited about.


I really like the look of these, they are sleeker than the old school ghd's I have. I like that if you haven't used them after 30 mins the styler goes into sleep mode and shuts down. I don't know how many times I have got half way down the road and panicked, wondering if I had remembered to turn them off. 


The plates with these straighteners is different to the original ones, they are golden in color and are more shiny, I found the other plates had more of a matt finish to them. The major difference for me is that the barrel of this styler is rounded, my original one has fairly square edges. I was told that this makes it easier to curl your hair, I will give them a try and report back!
These stylers also came with a plate guard so after you have used them you don't need to worry about the straightener burning the carpet or worktop.


I can't wait to try these out and see how they compare to the older ones but I have high hopes. These ones cost £119.



7 comments:

  1. i want ..i want! - lucky you =). I need to eventually get some of these i have very long hair that is extremely curly yet thick - Thanks mom for your genes lol

    /Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your nail colour there :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, congrats on the new straighteners, and getting your hair done! :) My hair straightener broke a while ago and I still need to get a new one! lol. Yay for your birthday coming up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky girl that straightener looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw thanks everyone for all your lovely messages :-) will do another post soon reviewing them :-) x.x.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. the straightener is gorgeus the auto shut down function after 30m is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing I have one and absolutely love it.

    XoXo
    http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......