Sunday 20 February 2011

The Body Shop sale items and some new favourites

I am a bit late in posting about the items I bought from The Body Shop a few weeks ago, but here we go.

First up I bought a cranberry body shimmer from their Christmas range, this was in the sale and cost £3.50. I has a lovely light, sweet smell to it and a great shimmer. I think it must have moisturizing qualities as my skin felt really soft afterwards too.



Next up another sale item, a back of four shower/bath gels, I think if you bought each of these bottles separately it would cost £12, but this pack cost me £6. There is an assortment of gels in this pack, there were two mango bottles, an olive and a pink grapefruit. I haven't yet tried these out.



Next I have found a new face mosturiser that I love! I used to use Biore moisturiser as it left my skin matt and seemed to soak up any oils and left my skin grease free all day. I cannot find this mosturiser anywhere where I live anymore! None of the superdrugs, boots, or supermarkets are stocking it at the moment, but they are carrying other Biore products like their face packs and face washes, so I am not sure why they don't carry the moisturiser. I thought I can't just hang around waiting for a shop to start stocking it, so I figured I would try something new. This is where The Body Shop's seaweed mattifying day cream came in. I have only been using this for the last week but so far so good. It is very light and has a lovely non greasy formula and when absorbed by the skin leaves a fabulous matt finish. Great if you have oily skin. I think this cost me £10.




Next up is another sale item from the Christmas range, it is a lovely orange shower gel, this is just divine, such a zesty refreshing scent. I am currently using this gel at the moment, a little goes a long way and it lathers up so well, it also leaves my skin feel soft and smooth. I paid £3 for this product in the sale.


Finally a product that was introduced to me by my mum, their hemp hand cream for very dry skin. Now this is the only hand cream which works for me, I have tried so so many creams for dry hands in the past and The Body Shop hemp hand protector is the only one which soothes.  The only thing I am not so sure about is the smell, it does have a very muddy earthy smell and is a dark green colour but that doesn't bother me that much. This cost £10 and lasts for ages as you don't need to use loads. I use last thing at night as this is a heavy duty hand cream and by the morning my hands are so soft and the dry skin I sometimes suffer from is soothed away. They do have other products in the hemp range which I am yet to try out.


Have you used any of these products? If so, what do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Great stuff from Body Shop!! Thanks for sharing:)
    I'm yet to try something from Body Shop but wanna try one soon. Can you suggest me some good face cream from BS for dry-normal skin?
    http://www.chamberofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a sample of the day cream but still haven't tried it yet, sounds good though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rakhshanda - I have message you on your blog about a face cream :-)

    Thanks Dee, hope you are well? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that moisturiser & hand cream.
    My face cream ran out so I bought something different but i'm not so sure about it.

    Linsay x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love TBS too.. Have used the seaweed moisturises and it was really impressive.

    Ooh I wanna go shopping now :P

    xx

    beautyandmakeupboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Be friendly and please share your thoughts, I love hearing your views......